Sunday, March 27, 2011

First Post

Hello, world! I'm not really sure what to write in this yet. I was all sorts of excited to get this thing up and running then I decided I wanted a customized layout and banner to make it stand out a little bit more. Let's be honest, the prettier a blog is the more you want to read it. So since I LOVE hot pink, glitter and zebra stripes I decided I'd get Photoshop and make something happen. HOLY FAIL! I have a whole new respect for graphic designers, or anyone with creative talent. That is something I seem to be lacking now. It took me like 3 days just to figure out how to make zebra stripes happen inside my name. Then I had to get the size right, find a background, come up with a name and whatever else I tried to do. Well, I finally figured it out and guess what... I HATE HOW IT LOOKS!!! Ohhh boy, I was so frustrated I was about to throw my Macbook Pro and my brain out the window. My Mac is idiot proof, that's why I love it. Photoshop however is exactly the opposite, I can't just drag a zebra on top of a letter and watch the magic happen. My friend, Kristen, offered to make me something pretty because she saw how bad my banner was, lol. She's super talented too so I jumped at that! THANKS KRISTEN!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with! But for now you get to look at the hot mess I spent countless hours creating, lol.

Well it's Sunday night and I'm sick so guess what that means? I have a date with my bed, my blankie (yeah, that's right. I'm 24 and I sleep with a blankie) and some chick flicks! I will also continue pumping large amounts of Dayquil, OJ and water into my body in hopes that my wimpy immune system will kick into action.
"Rawr, I'm germy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment